Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to Keep meds refrigerated on the Go with little $

I would try the following method:
Put one cooler lunch bag inside of another lunch bag, with ice packets separating the two bags. Also, put ice packets on TOP of the inner bag. Cold travels downwards. To prevent the med from freezing, I would put a thin towel between the med and the ice packet.

Also, aluminum foil acts as a good insulator. It can help keep heat out or in. You can wrap the med/towel/ice packet bundle in the aluminum foil. I am not sure if its shiny side IN or shiny side OUT. I forget. Sorry! I used to wrap my hot pizza in aluminum foil, and then try to eat it on the bus in the short amount of time I had before I got to work in the wee hours of the morning. I found that the pizza stayed very hot, especially when I folded the pizza over itself, with the crust on the outside so that it resembled a Calzone. Sp?

No comments:

Post a Comment