Monday, February 20, 2012

Can you really Kiss them if they ate something you're allergic too?

It is rare that someone dies from a kiss, however, it is possible. The reason why it is rare is because most people who marry someone who has landed in the hospital from a severe reaction has made the choice to avoid those foods as well, for the safety of their mate. This means that No, it is not okay for you to tell me that I just don't kiss my mate that day when he has ate something I am very allergic too. We do not know how long that protein lasts in an active state that might kill me. (Bold wasn't working.)


Yes, you may argue that Tree Nut and Peanut allergies are so lethal that of course we need to be more careful with these allergies. I would argue, however, that we need to be careful regardless of what the allergy is - especially if they are severely allergic. If you carry an epi-pen for the allergy, then you should be wary of kissing your mate if they ate what you are allergic too. The more severe the allergy, the more likely your eating of that item can kill your mate. I do know of one person who avoids certain foods because his wife is extremely allergic.

Currently, I am unaware of any studies that are testing how long a particular food protein remains active. I do know that anecdotal evidence is being taken very seriously, which is why the death of a teenager received such wide spread attention. I have to be extremely careful of Avian proteins. He eats Chicken, for example, I won't be able to kiss him until he's seen a dentist and had a professional cleaning that includes flossing. Overkill? I react to the poultry lorry (truck) driving by and react to simply walking into KFC. I would rather be safe then sorry!  However, a very good floss job and teeth cleaning job - that includes the cleaning of the tongue, should work even if this isn't done by a dentist. I would recommend using an electric water jet to help remove the food particles that you just loosened between your teeth.

Do speak with your dentist about proper techniques to get your teeth and mouth as clean as possible at home. Mention your mates severe allergies and how important it is for you to remove all traces of protein.

Remember: ONE KISS CAN KILL ANYONE WITH A SEVERE FOOD ALLERGY EVEN IF THAT FOOD WAS ATE SEVERAL HOURS EARLIER! STOP LYING TO US ABOUT HOW A KISS WILL NOT KISS US!
Thanks!
signed one who is sick and tired of the bloody idiots out there!






No comments:

Post a Comment